Friday, March 1, 2013

From Nashville to Seoul to Suwon

So, it's a totally different world over here. Well, sort of. There are still people roaming around. Running. Trying to catch the bus to get to work. You still have the students with their own friends. It's still pretty awesome. I forgot to take my camera with me yesterday because I actually went out into Seoul. It took like 30 minutes by bus to get to the subway station to catch a train. It was all a great experience. I met the other American here. She seems to be really nice and has helped me out. She met some Chinese students when she was picked up by the guy who picks up some of the International students. They invited her to go out to shop with them, and she invited me. So, since I had nothing to do, I went. :) It was really fun! The Chinese students were so nice too! They even helped me learn some Korean (which I'm sad to say I have forgotten some of it). I do remember 'we're friends' though. Chin'gu imeda (i think is the alphabet phrasing). I got cute little things, and shocker, I bought nail polish.
My Hotel Room in Japan
Outside my hotel
Anyways, just getting to South Korea was an experience. My flight from Nashville to Chicago was just great! Not bad at all. As I get on my second flight from Chicago to Narita Airport. We get grounded for almost 3 hours. This made me miss my last flight to Seoul. So, the airline paid for me a room at the Nikko hotel. It was a nice cozy little room. It had all the little commodities you would  need to refresh yourself. It had a tootbrush and paste. A brush. A sleep gown. and some slippers. It was great! Trying to get to the hotel was sort of simple. I had to figure out how to get out of the airport first, but alas, I came, I saw, I conquered (some) Japan. :)
When I got to Seoul finally in the afternoon, my friend, Bo Kyeong, picked me up to take me to the University. It was so good to see her! I had missed her! I am so thankful she was able to pick me up, and her mom even made me kimbob (a type of Korean sushi). I liked that! I can't wait to meet my friends I made at Lindsey in their home country, and I'm excited to make new friends here!
I start classes Monday! Eeep!!! haha
My room is on the 15th floor! So far up! It's still so wonderful to look out the window though!

Will update soon,
Jackson :)
Outside my dorm room
Outside my dorm room

2 comments:

  1. Go Jackson! I am excited for you and can't wait to read more about your trip! Say hi to the LWC Korean students for me and Brandon. God bless your journey! --Jayne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will! I've only met with one so far! Some others I am going to meet up with 2 weekends from now, maybe. Thank you!!

      Delete