Thursday, March 7, 2013

'Explore. Dream. Discover.'

So, when you are in a new place, so many things can happen in just a short time span. It can be pretty awesome or pretty bad. Depends on the area that it affects, you understand what I'm saying? I went out to a little supermarket with a couple of my friends. They are some pretty great people who happen to be pretty funny, and they have become my friends here.



Everywhere here you either walk or you take the bus (Which the nearest subway station is 30 minutes away at Sadang) to get to the subway. I don't mind it though. I think I have already lost a wee bit of weight cause I am starting to realize Korea is like a freaking mountain. IT'S ALL HILLS!!!! I swear it is even worse than Western Kentucky University's campus. It is still beautiful though!



This is my campus. Isn't it beautiful? There are so many buildings here.
It's huge compared to Lindsey's.




So, it's been a week. My first week of classes. I like the classes even though they are pretty much random ones. I am taking Presentation (Which is basically Public Speaking), Theory of International Management (It's a business class), and Global Culture and Organization. Here the schedule is different. It's not like at LWC where you have 1 class, 3 times a week for 50 minutes or 2 times for 1 hr and 15 mins.
I have Presentation on Mondays from 2-430, ToIM is on Tuesdays at the same time, and GCO is on Wednesdays at the same time. I will have my Korean Language course starting the 18th which will be 9-1. It's going to be intensive! 4 hours a day, 5 days a week, for 10 weeks! I guess I'm a glutton for punishment or something because shew! lol.


That is my dormitory. Well, it's the one on the right that looks shorter actually. It's the girls' dormitory. The boys' dormitory is the one on the left. They are both connected on the 1st floor where the cafeteria is located, the mail boxes, the mini stop, and there is even dry cleaning!

 Left to Right: Yu, Me, Nana, Jing, and Vida
These are my friends that I've made here. They are some pretty awesome people. 3 Chinese and 2 Americans, what a mix that is in Korea! I recommend anybody to study abroad. You will meet people who will change your life. Yes, you meet people back at home to who do the same, but it is different when you actively search for something out there in the world. This world is huge! It holds so many people with so many different cultures. Each person you meet has their own story to why they are where they are.

I'm in Korea because I've always dreamed of going to another country to study. I dreamed of doing bigger things with my life than just being stuck in a small town. I am me. I am what I believe I can be. haha, I'm going to take a line from (I think) Miley Cyrus, 'Life is what you make it.' This is one the most true things you will ever hear.

Go out and grasp life with your own two hands. Explore! Mark Twain had it right by 'Explore. Dream. Discover.' You don't even have to go as far as I have. That's just been me and who I am. I am someone who loves to learn about people, the different cultures, and the different languages. I may not know you, but I know that deep down inside of every one of us is a piece of you that has been waiting to burst out. Just let it! Go to that club you wanted to join but didn't because you were afraid of what people would think. Dye your hair if that's what you want. JUST BE YOU! Do what you dream!


That's all for the day, folks! This girl is signing off! Comment down below with any questions or encouragements for me! I'm always looking for them! It's a good day! For some, it's a good night.

Jackson


No comments:

Post a Comment